This item is too large to ship as a parcel, it must go by freight truck. We shop a network of trucking companies to get you the lowest freight rate and best value. Freight rate is provided at checkout.
Your product is being shipped by the freight truck company FOB:Origin. They will deliver the package to the end of their truck. You are responsible for unloading it off the truck and it may take several men or a lift. Please let us know if you need assistance and the trucking company can provide a lift gate for an additional cost.
Ownership of the sign passes to you the customer when the trucking company picks up the product at the factory doors. Although well packaged, 2% of the signs arrive with some damage. The trucking company is financially responsible for any damages to your shipment.
Please check for damage and note it on the delivery ticket before signing for delivery. Any claims for freight damage must be made against the trucking company. Please notify the person who will accept delivery of the following procedures or any freight claim may not be paid.
- Count all boxes and confirm that it matches the number indicated on the bill of lading.
- Inspect the outside of every box for signs of damage.
- Holes, crushed corners, wrinkles, black rub marks, broken pallets, and rattling boxes are signs of possible damage.
- Some packages include a Tip-N-Tell, a blue dye indicator if the package has been tipped over.
- Open suspected boxes, examine the product inside for damage.
- If there is damage, note it on the bill of lading in detail.
- Call Alphabet Signs at 1-800-582-6366 to report damage immediately (before the driver leaves.)
The trucking company needs clear access during normal business hours to deliver your sign. Limited access to your property can be caused if the trucking company is delivering to a residence, apartment, school, college, restaurant, bar, grille, bank, shopping mall, day care, church, rectory, military base, construction site, social club, country club, golf course, camp, estate, security gates, jail, prison, farm, orchard or fairs. Limited access charges are the responsibility of you the customer payable to the freight company. If you are unable to unload the package, the truck will return to the hub and there will be a redelivery fee.
Please call us at 1-800-582-6366 if you have any questions or concerns about these procedures.